Originally from Voorheesville, NY, Grace now trains and lives LOCO in Walnut Creek, CA! Grace comes to the sport of triathlon with a strong running background. She ran collegiate cross-country and track for the College of Saint Rose. Once coached by Kelly, Grace has been friends with Kelly and Joe for many years. When they tried to convince her that she should do triathlons after college, Grace said “Sure, why not!” She has been a runner since 2006, so competing in triathlons was a challenge that Grace was excited to tackle! Her race highlights include
- Lake George Olympic time of 2:50
- 5k PR of 19:34
- Half Marathon PR of 1:33:23
- 1st place in Age group and 5th Woman overall at the North Elba Lake Placid Half marathon 2013
- Qualifying for Boston Marathon at the 2013 Mohawk Hudson Marathon (which was her first marathon ever!)
- Marathon PR of 3:32 at the Disney World Marathon 2015
Goals in the Sport: Improving!!! Finishing her second Ironman in November!
Favorite post race food: Chocolate milk and a Snickers bar
Why she is LOCO: She signed up for Ironman before ever doing a triathlon before 🙂 Since then, Grace has gone on to finish Ironman Lake Placid in 2014, and is currently training for Ironman Arizona. She recently completed the 4-day, 48.6 mile Dopey Challenge in Disney World with Mark, and is excited about running the Napa Valley Marathon in March!