LOCOs Jeremiah and Sara are back from Kona, HI where they did the Lavaman Tri! Even though wetsuits were NOT legal, they both survived the swim, and enjoyed a great day of racing!
While in Kona, they had the chance to sit down with Ironman Champion and More Than Sport founder Chris Lieto, who started More Than Sport, or MTS, out of his personal awareness of need in communities he raced in when he was a pro triathlete. Lieto recalled how he personally found motivation in giving back a few years ago. He teamed up with World Vision, which aims to get water, food and healthcare to children in need. Lieto’s goal was to get a child sponsored for any or all of the miles he raced in the 2010 Ironman World Championships. And over 140.6 miles, he managed to get over 100 children in a Kenyan village support! Talk about motivational!
Inspired by this idea of making our miles more meaningful, Team Loco presents the Meaningful Miles Challenge! And this time there will be TWO winners!
Here’s how it works!
- Help Team Loco raise $1000 for charity: water by donating $10.
- To donate, please visit our More Than Sport page, www.morethansport.org/team/team-loco-gives-back?ts=1454345378575
- Make sure to include your email in the “Make a Donation” box
- For every $10 dollar you donate, your name will be entered into the drawing to win MTS gear autographed by Chris Lieto himself, MTS decals and MORE!
- Team Loco’s Meaningful Miles Challenge will run from April 26 – May 25, at which time we will draw TWO names & announce a male and female winner! So dig around in those couch cushions, recycle those cans, and find that $10 to donate today!